Wednesday evening on way to the church to help the missionaries. Our church is only ten minute ride from the hotel and it's right in the heart of town where the locals live so there's always lots to see!
Getting dropped off at the church!
Brother and Sister Holbrook from Utah. They are just finishing up their 18 month mission at the end of the month. They will be sorely missed here!
These two pics are of the street our church is on.
On Wednesday evening I had the opportunity to be a missionary with Sister Holbrook. Christina Nogueira (middle) is originally from Brazil and has faced some difficult challenges in her life over recent years and has fallen away from the church but now has a desire to come back. Brother and Sister Holbrook have played a big role in this decision. Christina and I have felt a special spiritual bond from the moment we first met, and I know the Spirit has put us together at this time! I am grateful to be able to take part in meeting with her each week and having the opportunity to encourage and share my testimony with her!This is a typical entrance to the high rise apartments here.
Their mail is delivered in the slots to the right of the door
and you need your key to enter.
A local Macau movie theatre
Enjoying breakfast buffet with Connie Johnson, a branch member and friend whose husband Eric works at the Venetian here. They are from Vegas and are going on their third year here. She is the YW Pres and he serves as Elders Quorum Pres. They have four little boys! It was fun to get to visit and get to spend time with her this morning while her boys were in school. Yes the plate with all the pastries was mine. I always have a hard time picking just one for dessert at the buffet!I discovered this little cheesecake shop down the street inside one of the hotels! They are so yummy but not so good on the waistline! It's a good excuse to go for a walk down that way now!
They are all yummy!!! Wish I could bring some back home to share!7
the visiting authorities for our district conference on Sat evening and Sunday!
We fixed the food at their apartment then wheeled it all approx 8 blocks
to the District offices. It was quite an experience trying to get crockpots of soup
that far without spilling any. We did pretty good! It was very hot and humid and made me appreciate having a car and air conditioning! Once we got the food there, we headed back to their apartment and the sister missionaries came over to help make muffins and desert for the Sunday luncheon. We were hot and tired by then so we were happy for their help. Besides, it was fun to spend time with them!
This is the street the Holbrooks live on.
Inside their missionary apartment! They actually live in a very nice
Apartment for over here! They even have a small oven and a small washing machine (in their tiny kitchen).
Mothers Day!
He looked and sounded so good, and he is loving every moment of his mission. It was so neat for John and I to get to visit with him!
I am so blessed to have such a wonderful Mother and we loved getting to visit with her on this special day! I hope to be even half the mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother she is! As we were ending our Mother's Day here in China, hers was just beginning! We hope it was special. We sure love you Mom!
I also enjoyed all the special Mothers Day messages and FaceTime calls
from the kids and grandkids! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family!
We miss all of them and can't wait to get back to be with them again!























No comments:
Post a Comment