Monday, May 2, 2016

Week 3 in China

May 2nd, 2016
Another great week here in Macau, China. 
On Wednesday I ventured out around the hotel here in Macau to do some exploring! There are the big luxurious western style hotels and within a block you find streets like below. The stores are on the street level and there are apartments above them. Lots of jewelry stores with a few clothing stores and places to eat or buy food. Their jewelry is still expensive even on the back streets, especially the brand names. 

This is a little place you can pick out your fish and take it home or they will cook it for you there. Red Lobster has nothing on this place, and you know how much I like fish. I just gazed and walked away!
This is how you get across the busy streets. You take these underground walkways. They made me a little nervous at first.

Some apartment buildings across the street. You have big hotels and apartments right next to each other...some really nice and some more run down.
The MGM is just behind us. 
Inside the MGM...
A good spot to relax and enjoy people watching.
Then heading back to our 'home away from home' .... Wynn Macau


I love to just sit out on the benches out front and watch the water shows. A different one goes off every 15 minutes.


I tagged along with John to work on Thursday morning and when he got done with his early meetings, we went grocery shopping at a 'Western' grocery store he found over in Coiti. (The only one we've found over here.
The boss taking care of business!

We bought granola bars, some fruit, nuts, Oreos, and and we even found some iced donuts at the little bakery counter (a rare find over here). Of course we couldnt eat just one!

I also took a cab over to the Macau Tower this week and rode up to the top to look out the observation deck. I wanted to bungi jump off the top, but I knew John would t approve. So instead I watched others (who were a slight bit younger than I) try it and had to be content with taking a few picturesque photos!

FYI $135 their money is like $16 US currency
Zooming in on Wynn Macau
This is about as clear as the skies have gotten since being here...and it is hot and very humid! 
This is a zoomed in pic of the big boats that I watch going by all day long out our room window. They are hauling dirt over to reclaim land for more buildings. Both Wynn properties over here are built on reclaimed land. (Meaning land that was once under water). 


The observatory on the top of the tower

My little friend! She's a good listener!

This is a picture the lady on the left sent me from the church activity the other day. She leaves her family in the Phillipines to come here to work in Macau. We communicate almost daily.

This past Monday was a holiday over here (their Labor Day) so John took me on a tour of the new project (Wynn Palace in Cotai). It was fun to see the progress in the past couple of months!





These gondolas will go around the huge lake and water show out front. 
Getting closer to being done! The construction in a lot of the areas (including most of the rooms in the tower) are complete and have been turned over to the operations people. Still much to finish though.





The workers make the most of their breaks by taking a little nap. It was around lunch time so there were workers sleeping all over!  
One of the hallways where the stores will be

One of four rotundas 
One of the back of house areas yet to be complete. Some areas were like a maze to get through.
Out by one of the suite decks. Mr. Wynn calling John to get an update on the progress.
One of the restaurants

All the lights and water sprayers under the lake out front. Getting ready to begin refilling in the next week or so. Was done once but they decided to drain and add more lights and sprayers. 


Getting a chance to pretend I'm the boss, but didn't want to stay there long! John fits the chair much better than I.

After our tour we went to a movie and dinner at the Galaxy Resort. Hard to find a movie that's not rated R and is in English over here (we saw the new 'Avenger' movie). It was fun to spend the day together! 



















1 comment: