May 16th, 2016
Another wonderful week of experiences here in China...
This is Zenaida B Tagulao, a sister in our branch who has left her family in the Philipines to come to Macau seeking employment. After I shared my testimony in Sac Mtg a couple of weeks ago, she asked if I would be her Facebook friend and help her through a difficult time. She's a return missionary, has a strong testimony, and her husband served many years as branch Pres in their Phillipines Branch, but now they cannot find the employment they need to support their family there. She has been trying to find work here in Macau as a house maid/helper but has been unsuccessful thus far. I feel the Lord is blessing me with an opportunity to help and encourage this sister, and in return, I am being humbled and realizing how truly blessed I am!
Spent Wednesday with Connie Johnson (see previous post) doing some sightseeing while her boys were in school. Above and below are pictures of where they live. It is one of the nicest apartment complexes here in Macau.
Below: the Panda Exhibit in Colaine. This was a big beautiful open park, especially for this area. The pandas have their own exhibits here, and there are only certain hours of the day that you can pay to go in and view them. They were active and way fun to watch! I couldn't believe how big and fluffy they were! I wanted to climb in and get a big 'bear' hug, but probably not a good idea😁!
Connie and I with one of the Pandas behind us.
Below: we took the bus to the top of the hill to the Ah Mah Temple. It was fun to visit it again...
Next we picked up Connie's youngest boy at school (Private International school right by Wynn Palace) from there we went to tour and have lunch at the Venetian.
At the Venetian (Connie and Cam). There was actually a burger place in the Venetian, and I lived it up with a Burger, fries, and milkshake! My first I've had or even seen since being here!
We ended our day of sightseeing at 'The Taipa Houses - Museum (some of the original Portuguese homes here). There was also an old Church there. See below...
On Thursday, I had to leave Macau and re-enter in order to be able to stay till we go home on the 27th. I decided to go spend the day at the Hong Kong Temple and asked the Branch President if I could help someone in the ward to go with me. (The cost of riding the turbo jet (ferry) to Hong Kong can make it difficult for many to attend). Richard and Lilibeth Enot went with me and we had a wonderful time. Richard had come straight from working all night and was willing to give up his sleep time to go with us. We were able to do an 'English' session and a few iniatories before heading back to Macau for Richard to go back to work for the night!
Standing in front of the Hong Kong Mission Home (currently being remodeled) across from the Temple.
The Hong Kong Temple. It is one of the smaller Temples, but was of the most expensive Temples to build.
The Cotai Water Jet we rode on from Hong Kong back to Macau (1 hour ride). It's set up similar to a big commercial jet inside.
On Friday, I helped Connie get ready for their school fundraiser by slicing hot dog buns for several hours, then walked with her to pick up her kids from school. The International School here is located right across from the Wynn Palace where John is working, so I left them and joined John at his office. After work John and I decided to switch it up a bit and had dinner at the only Mexican restaurant in all of Macau.
On Saturday evening, John was asked to give a 'Self-Reliance' Seminar for the District here. He did a great job, and the members were uplifted and encouraged by his presentation!
Our Elders serving here in Macau. They are both great missionaries!
The Church is true and seeing the difference it makes in the lives of the members here (and all the sacrifices they are willing to make for the gospel) has really strengthened our testimonies! So grateful for this wonderful opportunity to experience life in this part of the world!



























Teryl , you amaze me at all the wonderful things you do for people ! They are truly blessed to have you share your life with them ! It looks like you have made many new friends and are having such a great experience ! I miss you my friend ! Can't wait to see you 😘😘😘
ReplyDelete