Saturday, May 21, 2016

Week 6 in China - only one left!

May 22nd, 2016

The time has gone by quickly, and it's hard to grasp that I will just have a few more days here before leaving China forever! John will only get a week break back home, however, before he returns to finish the project here (we are hoping he'll be home for good by the end of July). I'm having mixed feelings about going home, and he can't wait to get back home! I have to admit, it has been much more of a vacation for me than him, but being here together has been such a blessing for both of us! We are both getting anxious, however, to see our family back home as we don't want our grandkids to forget who we are!

Some outside visitors (window washers) who were 'dropping' by to say hi this week. Our room is on the 18th floor. It was a little 'freaky' so I shut the drapes!

Since we discovered the little cake (and cheesecake) shop down the river walk, I seem to find my way down there way too much! Oh well, we just loosen our belts another notch and enjoy! We haven't found one yet that we haven't loved!

A nice clear morning for a change. No fog and thin clouds.

Out and about early in the week. The roundabout by the hotel. The glass buildings are how they mark the underground walkways.

Below: Wednesday was a Girls Night Out with Sister Joy Holbrook and Christina Nogueira. We met at Barra Square and had dinner at a fun Portuguese restaurant together. Christina suggested we meet at a restaurant instead of at the church this week. We had a fun evening together and had a great discussion on 'faith'. 
Sister Holbrook and I arrived a few minutes early so we took a few minutes and toured the Ah Mah Buddhist Temple there in Barra Square. 
Spiral 'incense'  burners hung outdoors 
A little sanctuary at the top of the hill.

Joined by Christina who took us to a well known Portuguese restaurants...
where she introduced us to some traditional Portuguese dishes!
Wonderful sisters in the gospel and true eternal friends. 

Below: my Thursday walkabout ....
Kun Lam Statue and Ecumenical Center

Macau Science Center with giant duck! This duck was in Hong Kong before coming to Macau! I think they knew we were missing our ducks back home so they brought this duck to Macau from Hong Kong just for us! Haha

Balloon duck inside science center

Below: Encounters on my walk back...
Living quarters for the groundskeeper along the harbor
Walking through Dr. Carlos d'Assumpcao Park (above and below)

A few more pics of the streets here. I'm going to miss them!


On Friday I went to get a pedicure so I could say goodbye to Retchel Mayor
(my investigator friend at the nail salon I met two weeks ago). The sister missionaries have now been able to make contact with her. 

Life here has offered many wonderful experiences and opportunities! Hopefully we will leave a positive mark on those we have become acquainted with here. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment